Location: Ashbridge Roofing
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 11 August 2021
Salary: Up to £25,209.60
Specific Hours: 40
Overall Purpose of Job
Ashbridge Roofing are one of the largest roofing companies in North Lincolnshire. Our roofing operations are run from a small but busy office in Scunthorpe. We are part of the Ongo Group.
We have an ongoing requirement for skilled, experienced roofers who take pride in their work and want to be part of the team.
Roofers at Ashbridge work largely independently but are salaried and have all the benefits of working for a large organisation. Our remuneration package includes, pay rates above industry guidelines; excellent pension scheme with employers contribution; paid holidays; paid sick pay; paid during inclement weather if work not possible; good quality, reliable tools and ladders; regular training and toolbox talks; workwear and PPE provided; healthcare scheme; clean, modern vans serviced regularly and replaced every 4 years; dedicated health and safety team and a dedicated HR team.
This role is full time, 40 hours per week, travel to and from site within reasonable distance in own time.
• All aspects of slating and tiling
• Mortar work
• Lead work
• New build
• Basic daily van checks to ensure roadworthiness
• Basic daily tool checks to ensure safe to use
• To work in a way that ensures your own and your colleagues safety
• Attendance at health and safety and operational training from time to time
• All work generally within the North Lincolnshire area
Knowledge, Skill and Experience Required
• Proven roofing skill and experience.
• Relevant CSCS Card
• Full driving license
Knowledge, Skill and Experience Preferred
• NVQ Level 2 or higher in slating and tiling
• Paslode nail gun training
• Abrasive Wheel training
• Asbestos awareness training
• Other relevant health and safety training.
• Experience training others eg apprentices, junior roofers, labourers
• Not been banned from driving in last 5 years
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies. We also particularly encourage applications from all protected characteristics and welcome those from under-represented groups and BAME communities who are currently under-represented within Ongo at these levels/within these areas.