Purpose of role;
As an Electrician at Hales and Coultas, you will be responsible for undertaking electrical repairs and installations, other skilled maintenance operations and to support other trade staff in the effective completion of repairs, maintenance and other building operations.
- To undertake repairs by fault finding to electrical systems and appliances.
- To undertake the installation, testing and certification of electrical systems.
- To carry out repairs by fault finding to heating systems.
- To carry out all tasks in the ongo homes multi skilling agreement.
- To carry out electrical safety checks to tenanted and empty properties.
- To ensure that all works are completed within the current performance and service standards of ongo Homes.
- To effectively contribute to the provision of accurate records for time and materials to each work order, including the effective receipting of all material advice notes.
- To take all reasonable steps to ensure compliance with Health and Safety regulations and ongo Homes Health and Safety Policy.
Creativity & Innovation
- Identify and embrace new methods of working and improved customer service provision. Identify improvements to working practices
- Identify and carry out minor tasks from associated trades
- Carry out multi skilling tasks as set out by the organisation
Decision Making – Consequences
- Determines the safe methods of working whilst on site
- Ensuring that budgetary requirements are considered when carrying out the repairs
- Determines the achievement of Right First Time repairs
- Lifting and carrying of materials and components, tools, ladders, power tools
- Potential to be working in confined spaces often in awkward postures
Skills and experience
- Relevant electrical qualifications
- Experience of carrying out relevant installations, repairs and testing within occupied and empty properties.
- Knowledge in the use and maintenance of relevant equipment, plant and machinery.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Understanding of COSHH regulations.
- Customer care focused and orientated, dedicated to the provision of an exceptionally high quality service.
Health & Safety
To be aware of risks to personal safety, other employees, customers, company property and company reputation and to highlight such risks to managers immediately
Equality & Diversity
- Recognise that different people and groups have different needs.
- Understand our customers’ needs & make reasonable adjustments and proportional changes to processes and procedures in order to meet them.
- Treat everyone with dignity and respect at all times
Position in Organisation
- No direct responsibility for supervising any other members of staff.
- Company van and fuel card
- Mobile phone and iPad
- 23 day holiday + bank holidays
- Health benefits
- Access to physio and counselling services