Job Title: Infrastructure Specialist
Team: Technology & Innovation
Salary: Spot Salary - £35,000 pa (Circa)
Responsible to: IT Support Manager
Overall Purpose of Job
To be responsible for the day to day running of the groups network, server and desktop infrastructure, enabling reliable access for all ICT users. Also to be responsible for the ICT function of projects, providing infrastructure expertise to the project team.
- Provide support to our customers, supporting infrastructure services
- Documentation of all areas of infrastructure processes and procedures at both summary and technical levels
- To implement system changes in line with the department’s change management procedure
- Maintain excellent working relationship with customers, 3rd party support, developers and other key professionals
- Ensuring best practices and industry standards are being adhered to as far as possible ensuring we remain secure and compliant
- Monitoring system performance and storage utilisation, taking appropriate preventative action to minimise problems
- To act proactively to department incidents and provide high level support ensuring internal incident management procedures are followed
- Responsible for the design, development, testing and implementation of new services or changes to existing ones
- Maintain and manage the groups data replication and readiness of our DR service
- Attendance of annual conference events for system updates and collaboration with other HA's
Creativity & Innovation
- Be competent in the use of a wide range of ICT products, and be able to use own initiative, to provide a problem resolution service to the company
- Work with an outline of requirements from the customer, design, plan and implement imaginative and appropriate solutions
- Provide solutions to escalated help desk calls appropriate to the circumstances
Contacts & Relationships
- There is a requirement for contact with all stakeholders across the organisation providing assistance and advice on the use of ICT
- Effective interaction with 3rd party suppliers, managing and maintaining these relationships ensuring the group receives VfM
- Daily contact with ICT team where complex systems issues are discussed and resolved or escalated
- Daily correspondence at all levels in the company in order to determine requirements, advise on and promote the use of ICT
Decision Making - Discretion
- Work within the set targets and procedures determined by ICT Management
- Able to make proposals for improvement and bringing them forward to the ICT Management Team
- Ability to formulate solutions and ideas for development using own initiative
- Responsible for planning own helpdesk and change management requests to comply with set deadlines and Business needs
Decision Making - Consequences
- Loss of sensitive data and poor performance of key Business Systems
- Systems availability for the group. Potential to jeopardise productivity along with access to all our services for our tenants and customers that we serve within the group
Responsibility for Resources
- Responsibility for sensitive data within the applications that they manage
- Responsible for issuing small to large value items
- Requests for impromptu advice and demonstrations of Business Systems knowledge
- Re-prioritisation of work due to changes in business needs, policy and urgent tasks on a daily basis, working to strict deadlines at all times set by the organisation
- Unforeseen technical problems that require immediate attention such as system failures requiring work to be carried outside office hours and on own initiative when the situation
- Normal physical demands associated with an office environment.
- Mainly office based, but with a need to visit the company’s local offices that are spread across the whole of North Lincolnshire.
- COVID-19 Update - your role will mostly be carried out by working remotely from home however there will be a requirement for you to attend our main headquarters and other sites on occasions. There will be the appropriate safe systems of work in place when this is required.
Knowledge, Skill & Experience Required
- The ability to be able to provide simple explanations of technical matters to non-technical personnel
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation and external agencies
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Strong commitment to continual service improvement and delivering quality work at all times
- Knowledge of project management or familiar with Project Management methodologies
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to take direction
- The ability to openly collaborate with team members
- Have an overall ICT awareness of hardware and hardware and highly skilled in all other general aspects of ICT
- Experience of managing a virtual desktop environment, preferably Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop
- Thorough understanding of System security including antivirus and firewalls
- Specialist Expert knowledge and Practical experience of managing Windows 2008/2012 Servers, for hardware, software and associated applications
- Knowledge and experience of SAN environment and infrastructure
- Ability to work outside normal working hours in accordance with the needs of the businessat minimum notice
- The ability to plan, prioritise and complete complex workloads to meet deadlines and service requirements
Health & Safety
To be aware of risks to personal safety, other employees, customers, company property and company reputation and to highlight such risks to managers immediately
Environment and Sustainability
- To ensure the environment and sustainability policies are understood by the post holder
- To promote the importance of considering the environment and sustainability in the role
- To treat the environment with respect and commit to ensuring all services/activities that are provided in this role have taken the impact on the environment into consideration/action plans
General appointment - To be able to identify risks that may affect the achievement of personal and service objectives. To support the organisation's risk management process through good communication and carrying out actions to reduce identified risks.
Equality & Diversity
- To promote equality and diversity amongst our stakeholders, residents, customers, clients, staff, board and committee members and all those we work with.
- To ensure all customers’ needs are understood and all services that are provided meet individual needs, including in relation to the protected characteristics and customers with additional support needs.
- To treat everyone with dignity and respect at all times.
Position in Organisation
How many staff is the employee responsible for?
Is the responsibility shared with another post?